Google have been busy integrating their products and moving everything towards Social Media. For Google, this means Google+. A while back you could get your business onto Google Maps as a map pin, via their Google Places, but now you should use Google+Local.
- Creating a Google+Local page for your business is fairly straight forward
- If you haven’y got one yet, get a google account https://accounts.google.com/SignUp (if you have a gmail account you are ready)
- Then join Google+ https://plus.google.com/up/accounts/upgrade/
- Under the ‘Home’ button menu, top left, you will find ‘Pages’, click on that
- On the right you will see ‘Create a Page’, click
- Select ‘Local Business or Place’ and start filling in as much detail as you can in the sections provided, address, website, categories, opening hours etc
- At some point you will need to verify you own this business, this is either b a call to your business phone line, or a registration card through the post
- Once activated, you are ‘live’
Having a Google+Local page for your business is a key aspect to local SEO. A properly formatted and approved entry will appear in searches where a local map is appropriate.